- Who is Nepal’s famous sports person?
- Why is Nepal’s famous sports person famous?
- What are some of Nepal’s famous sports person’s accomplishments?
- How did Nepal’s famous sports person become famous?
- Who else is Nepal’s famous sports person?
- What does Nepal’s famous sports person do?
- What else is Nepal’s famous sports person?
- What is Nepal’s famous sports person’s favorite thing to do?
- What is Nepal’s famous sports person’s favorite food?
- What is Nepal’s famous sports person’s favorite hobby?
Nepal is famous for its many beautiful mountains, but it is also home to some very talented sports people. Let’s take a look at who is Nepal’s most famous sports person.
Checkout this video:
Who is Nepal’s famous sports person?
Nepal is a landlocked country in South Asia. The Himalayan mountain range runs through Nepal’s northern and central regions. Eight of the world’s ten tallest mountains, including Mount Everest, are in Nepal. More than 240 peaks over 20,000 ft (6,096 m) above sea level are in Nepal.
Why is Nepal’s famous sports person famous?
Nepal’s famous sports person is famous because of his or her accomplishments in the sport. This person has achieved a high level of success in their chosen sport, and has become a role model for other aspiring athletes in Nepal. This person’s dedication to their sport has inspired others to pursue their own athletic dreams, and has helped to grow the popularity of the sport in Nepal.
What are some of Nepal’s famous sports person’s accomplishments?
Nepal has produced many talented sportsmen who have gone on to have successful careers in various disciplines. Here are some of the most famous Nepalese sportsmen and their accomplishments.
-Bhabani Malla was Nepal’s first Olympian, competing in the 1952 Helsinki Olympic Games in the marathon.
– Chandra Bahadur Dangi was the world’s shortest man, measuring 54.6 cm (21.5 inches) when he was measured by Guinness World Records in 2012.
– Dilip Vengsarkar is a former Indian cricketer and one of the world’s leading batsmen in the 1980s. He is also Nepal’s only Test cricket player.
– Gopal Siwakoti is a Nepali boxer who competed in the 2012 London Olympic Games, becoming the first Nepali to do so.
– Jagdish Bishwokarma is a former Nepali football player who represented Nepal in international competitions including the 1982 Asian Games and 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games.
– Jangbu Sherpa is a Nepalese mountaineer who has climbed Mount Everest seven times, more than any other non-Sherpa climber.
– Kushal Das is a Nepali chess player and former Asian Champion who holds the title of Grandmaster, the highest title a chess player can achieve.
How did Nepal’s famous sports person become famous?
Nepal’s famous sports person became famous by becoming the first person from Nepal to win an international medal in a sport.
Who else is Nepal’s famous sports person?
Nepal is a small country in size, but it has produced some very talented sports people over the years. Here are some of the most famous Nepali sports stars:
1. Bishow Parajuli – Bishow is a Nepali footballer who plays as a goalkeeper. He has represented Nepal at international level and is currently the first choice keeper for the national team.
2. Dipak Basnet – Dipak is a Nepali cricketer who has played for the national team and is currently the captain of Nepal’s Under-19 team. He is a left-handed batsman and left-arm orthodox spinner.
3. Gyanchand Rai – Gyanchand is a Nepali sprinter who specializes in the 100 and 200 meter events. He has represented Nepal at international competitions such as the Asian Games and Commonwealth Games.
4. Jitendra Mukhiya – Jitendra is a Nepali karateka who has won numerous medals at international competitions, including gold medals at the South Asian Games and Asian Karate Championships.
5. Kushal Ghimire – Kushal is a Nepali weightlifter who has represented his country at international events such as the Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, and Olympic Games.
What does Nepal’s famous sports person do?
Nepal is a landlocked country in southern Asia, bordered by China and India. The Himalayan mountain range runs through Nepal, and the country is home to eight of the world’s fourteen highest mountains, including Mount Everest, the tallest mountain on Earth. Despite its small size, Nepal is home to a number of famous sportspeople who have made a name for themselves in a variety of different disciplines.
One of the most famous Nepali sportspeople is mountaineer Tenzing Norgay, who was one of the first two people to reach the summit of Mount Everest. Norgay was born in 1914 in the village of Khumbu, Nepal, and began working as a porter for British mountaineering expeditions in the 1930s. He first attempted to summit Everest in 1952 with British climber Edmund Hillary, but the pair were forced to turn back just 300 metres from the summit due to bad weather. They finally succeeded in reaching the top of the mountain on their second attempt in 1953, becoming global celebrities in the process. Norgay continued to work as a mountaineer and expedition leader until his retirement in 1977, and died in 1986 at the age of 72.
Another famous Nepali sportsperson is para-alpine skier Dachhiri Sherpa, who was born blind but went on to compete at five Paralympic Games between 1992 and 2006. Sherpa first took up skiing in 1985 after being inspired by a Nepali athlete competing at the Winter Paralympics in Germany, and made his Paralympic debut at the 1992 Games in Albertville, France. He went on to compete at every Paralympics between 1992 and 2006, winning Nepal’s first ever Paralympic medal – a bronze – at the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City. Sherpa retired from competitive skiing after finishing 19th in the men’s slalom event at the 2006 Games in Turin, Italy. He remains an active promoter of para-alpine skiing and disability sport in Nepal through his work with various charities and grassroots organisations.
Other notable Nepali sportspeople include weightlifter Jhilmi Shrestha (born 1996), who won Nepal’s first ever medal at a major weightlifting competition when she won bronze at the 2018 Asian Games; cricketer Sandeep Lamichhane (born 2000), who made history when he becamethe first Nepali player to be signed by an Indian Premier League team; and footballer Bimal Gharti Magar (born 1997), who captained Nepal’s under-19 team to victory atthe 2016 AFC U-19 Championship.
What else is Nepal’s famous sports person?
The most famous sports person from Nepal is undoubtedly mountaineer Tenzing Norgay, who, along with Sir Edmund Hillary, was the first person to reach the summit of Mount Everest. Nepal is also home to a number of other world-renowned mountaineers, including Maya Gurung, who was the first Nepali woman to climb Everest, and Apa Sherpa, who holds the world record for the most ascents of Everest.
What is Nepal’s famous sports person’s favorite thing to do?
Nepal’s famous sports person, Sanjaya Rana, loves to play cricket. He is also a big fan of tennis and badminton.
What is Nepal’s famous sports person’s favorite food?
Nepal’s famous sports person is known to enjoy a variety of different foods. However, their favorite food is said to be rice. Rice is a staple in Nepal, and it is often eaten with curries or stews. Nepal’s famous sports person also enjoys eating dal bhat, which is a dish made with rice and lentils.
What is Nepal’s famous sports person’s favorite hobby?
Nepal’s famous sports person is Dipa Karmakar, and her favorite hobby is gymnastics.